How to Reduce the Appearance of Pores
Pores are tiny hair follicles that exist in our skin (and there’s millions of them!). There’s so many skincare myths and facts about how to treat pores, but let’s stick to skin care facts. Blocked pores can be large due to being clogged with dirt and oil, while genetics also play a part in pores being large. The good news is using products with the right ingredients are the most effective way for how to reduce their appearance.
How do I treat my pores?
Below are some skin care facts for pore tightening success.
- Cleanser. Wash your face daily with a cleanser that contains AHAs and/or BHAs that exfoliate the skin, and cleanse dirt and oil that clog pores. We suggest Clarifying Cleanser which contains two types of salicylic acid (a type of BHA) to clear pores and treat acne even after rinsing. 97% said it dissolves excess oil in a 3-day clinical study. Follow up with a toner for acne to really ensure that your pores are clear.
- Face mask. Clay face masks are a powerful way to deep cleanse impurities and exfoliate dead skin cells. We recommend Pore Extractor Pomegranate Mask that uses volcanic clay to extract impurities from within the pores to visibly minimize their appearance.
- SPF. Aside from all the amazing benefits of SPF, there are still sunscreens out there that can irritate and clog pores. We suggest Oil and Pore Control Mattifier Broad Spectrum SPF 45 | PA++++. This oil-free, lightweight, SPF moisturizer reduces the appearance of pores by 54% while delivering 10 hours of mattifying power.
By following these skin care facts, it’s possible to make minimize the appearance of pores. Taking the time to adjust your skincare routine and use products with the right ingredients for your needs will make your pores less visible and easier to manage.
- Cleanses, clears pores and treats acne—even after rinsing.$46.00 | 6.75 FL. OZ.
- 10 hours of mattifying power in a lightweight, SPF moisturizer.$63.00 | 1.7 FL. OZ.
- Helps extract oil & impurities to visibly minimize the look of pores.$50.00 | 1.7 FL. OZ.
- Daily SPF moisturizer nourishes & protects as it minimizes the look of fine lines.$84.00 | 1.7 FL. OZ.